Movie Trivia Questions and Answers provide a fun way to test your knowledge of films. We will answer some popular movie trivia questions to challenge your movie expertise.
Are you a movie buff? Do you love to test your knowledge of your favorite films? If so, then you’ll love this collection of 101 movie trivia questions and answers!
This list covers a wide range of films, from classic Hollywood to modern blockbusters. There’s something for everyone, from easy questions to challenging ones.
So gather your friends and family, and see who can answer the most questions correctly. You may be surprised at how much you know (or don’t know!) about movies.
100+ Easy Movie Trivia Questions and answers
Are you ready to test your knowledge of iconic movies from the past? Take a trip down memory lane and see how well you remember these classic films. Get ready to answer some movie trivia questions that will put your film knowledge to the test!
Animated Movie Trivia Questions and answers
Here are 10 multiple-choice animated movie trivia questions with answers:
1. In the movie Finding Nemo, what kind of fish is Nemo?
Answer: a) Clownfish
2. Who is the villain in Disney’s The Little Mermaid?
a) Cruella de Vil
Answer: c) Ursula
3. Which Disney princess is known for her long, magical hair?
Answer: c) Rapunzel
4. What is the name of the sloth who works at the DMV in the movie Zootopia?
Answer: a) Flash
5. In Shrek, what kind of creature is Donkey?
Answer: c) Donkey
6. Who provides the voice for the character of Woody in the Toy Story series?
a) Tom Hanks
b) Tim Allen
c) Billy Crystal
d) Robin Williams
Answer: a) Tom Hanks
7. What is the name of the main character in Moana?
Answer: d) Moana
8. Which animated film features a robot named WALL-E as the main character?
b) Inside Out
Answer: d) WALL-E
9. In Frozen, what is the name of Anna’s sister who has ice powers?
Answer: c) Elsa
10. What is the name of the young boy who befriends the alien E.T. in the movie E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial?
Answer: a) Elliott
Feel free to use these trivia questions to test your friends knowledge of animated movies or for your next trivia night!
Classic Movie Trivia Questions and answers
11. In the classic film Gone with the Wind, what is the name of the protagonist, Scarlett O’Hara’s, true love?
A) Rhett Butler
B) Ashley Wilkes
C) Frank Kennedy
D) Charles Hamilton
Answer: A) Rhett Butler
12. Who played the role of Rick Blaine in the iconic movie Casablanca?
A) Cary Grant
B) Humphrey Bogart
C) Clark Gable
D) James Stewart
Answer: B) Humphrey Bogart
13. In the classic film The Wizard of Oz, what is the name of Dorothy’s dog?
Answer: C) Toto
14. Which classic film features the line Here’s looking at you, kid?
A) Citizen Kane
B) The Maltese Falcon
D) The Godfather
Answer: C) Casablanca
15. Who directed the classic film Psycho in 1960?
A) Alfred Hitchcock
B) Martin Scorsese
C) Steven Spielberg
D) Stanley Kubrick
Answer: A) Alfred Hitchcock
More Classic Movie Trivia
16. Which classic musical film features a young woman named Maria falling in love with Captain von Trapp?
A) My Fair Lady
B) West Side Story
C) The Sound of Music
D) Singing in the Rain
Answer: C) The Sound of Music
17. In the film Casablanca, what is the name of the nightclub owned by Rick Blaine?
A) The Blue Parrot
B) Rick’s Cafe Americain
C) The Moonlight Lounge
D) The Casablanca Club
Answer: B) Rick’s Cafe Americain
18. Who portrayed the character of Atticus Finch in the film adaptation of Harper Lee’s novel, To Kill a Mockingbird?
A) Gregory Peck
B) Paul Newman
C) Spencer Tracy
D) James Stewart
Answer: A) Gregory Peck
19. In The Godfather, what is the iconic phrase used to convey a promise that cannot be refused?
A) You’re out of order!
B) Make him an offer he can’t refuse.
C) Say hello to my little friend.
D) I’ll be back.
Answer: B) Make him an offer he can’t refuse.
20. Who directed and starred in the classic film City Lights (1931)?
A) Orson Welles
B) Buster Keaton
C) Charlie Chaplin
D) Groucho Marx
Answer: C) Charlie Chaplin
Enjoy testing your classic movie knowledge with these multiple-choice trivia questions!
Christmas movie trivia questions and answers
Here are 10 Christmas movie trivia questions with multiple-choice answers:
21. Question: In the movie Home Alone, what does Kevin McCallister use to protect his home from burglars?
A) A BB gun
B) A water gun
C) Booby traps
D) Guard dogs
Answer: C) Booby traps
22. Question: Who narrates the 1966 animated classic How the Grinch Stole Christmas?
A) Jim Carrey
B) Boris Karloff
C) Tim Allen
D) Tom Hanks
Answer: B) Boris Karloff
23. Question: What is the name of the magical train that takes children to the North Pole in the movie The Polar Express?
B) The Ice Express
C) The Polar Express
D) Frosty’s Folly
Answer: C) The Polar Express
24. Question: In the film Elf, what is Buddy’s favorite food group?
A) Fruits and vegetables
B) Candy and sweets
C) Spaghetti and maple syrup
D) Fast food
Answer: C) Spaghetti and maple syrup
25. Question: Which actor plays the role of George Bailey in the Christmas classic It’s a Wonderful Life?
A) Cary Grant
B) James Stewart
C) Humphrey Bogart
D) Clark Gable
Answer: B) James Stewart
More Christmas movie trivia
26. Question: In the movie A Christmas Carol, who is visited by the ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Future?
A) Scrooge McDuck
B) Ebenezer Scrooge
C) Tiny Tim
D) Bob Cratchit
Answer: B) Ebenezer Scrooge
27. Question: What item does Ralphie want for Christmas in the film A Christmas Story?
A) A bicycle
B) A Red Ryder BB gun
C) A puppy
D) A video game console
Answer: B) A Red Ryder BB gun
28. Question: In National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, what does the Griswold family have trouble with?
A) Finding the perfect Christmas tree
B) Cooking a turkey
C) Dealing with nosy neighbors
D) Putting up Christmas lights
Answer: D) Putting up Christmas lights
29. Question: What’s the name of the misfit reindeer in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer?
Answer: D) Rudolph
30. Question: Which classic Christmas movie features a department store Santa Claus who claims to be the real Santa?
A) Miracle on 34th Street
B) The Santa Clause
C) Jingle All the Way
D) The Night Before Christmas
Answer: A) Miracle on 34th Street
Enjoy these Christmas movie trivia questions and have fun testing your holiday film knowledge!
Comedy Movie Trivia Questions and answers
Here are 10 comedy movie trivia questions with multiple-choice answers:
31. Question: In the film Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy, what is Ron Burgundy’s signature catchphrase?
A) Stay classy, San Diego!
B) That escalated quickly!
C) You’re kind of a big deal.
D) I’m kind of a big deal.
Answer: A) Stay classy, San Diego!
32. Question: Which actor starred as the titular character in the comedy film Ace Ventura: Pet Detective?
A) Jim Carrey
B) Eddie Murphy
C) Adam Sandler
D) Mike Myers
Answer: A) Jim Carrey
33. Question: What is the name of the fictional heavy metal band in the mockumentary This Is Spinal Tap?
A) Steel Thunder
B) The Metalheads
C) Spinal Tap
Answer: C) Spinal Tap
34. Question: Which comedy movie features a character named The Dude and is known for its cult following?
A) The Hangover
B) Dumb and Dumber
C) The Big Lebowski
Answer: C) The Big Lebowski
35. Question: In Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, what is the name of Ferris’s best friend?
A) Cameron Frye
B) Sloane Peterson
C) Jeanie Bueller
D) Grace Rooney
Answer: A) Cameron Frye
More Comedy Movie Trivia
36. Question: Who played the character of Mrs. Doubtfire in the comedy film of the same name?
A) Robin Williams
B) Dustin Hoffman
C) Eddie Murphy
D) Martin Lawrence
Answer: A) Robin Williams
37. Question: Which comedy movie follows a group of buddies on a road trip to find the ultimate burger joint, Good Burger?
A) Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle
B) Super Troopers
C) Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure
D) Good Burger
Answer: D) Good Burger
38. Question: What is the name of the fictional country singer portrayed by Will Ferrell in the comedy Blades of Glory?
A) Chazz Michael Michaels
B) Ricky Bobby
C) Ron Burgundy
D) Dewey Cox
Answer: A) Chazz Michael Michaels
39. Question: In the comedy Superbad, what are the main characters trying to obtain for a high school party?
C) A DJ
D) A fake ID
Answer: B) Beer
40. Question: Who directed and starred in the comedy film Annie Hall, which won the Academy Award for Best Picture in 1978?
A) Woody Allen
B) Mel Brooks
C) Billy Crystal
D) Rob Reiner
Answer: A) Woody Allen
Enjoy these comedy movie trivia questions and have a good laugh while testing your knowledge of funny films!
Drama Movie Trivia Questions and answers
Here are 10 drama movie trivia questions with multiple-choice answers:
41. Question: Who played the lead role of Forrest Gump in the 1994 drama film Forrest Gump?
A) Tom Hanks
B) Kevin Costner
C) Sean Connery
D) Brad Pitt
Answer: A) Tom Hanks
42. Question: In The Shawshank Redemption, what is the name of the main character who spends years in Shawshank State Penitentiary?
A) Andy Dufresne
B) Red Redding
C) Ellis Boyd Red Redding
D) Tommy Williams
Answer: A) Andy Dufresne
43. Question: Who directed the 1993 legal drama film Philadelphia starring Tom Hanks and Denzel Washington?
A) Martin Scorsese
B) Ron Howard
C) Steven Spielberg
D) Jonathan Demme
Answer: D) Jonathan Demme
44. Question: In A Beautiful Mind, which real-life mathematician does Russell Crowe’s character John Nash portray?
A) Isaac Newton
B) Albert Einstein
C) John Nash
D) Stephen Hawking
Answer: C) John Nash
45. Question: Which film, based on a true story, follows the journey of a young Indian boy who gets separated from his family and is adopted by an Australian couple?
A) Life of Pi
B) Slumdog Millionaire
D) The Pursuit of Happyness
Answer: C) Lion
More Drama Movie Trivia Questions and answers
46. Question: Who played the character of Vito Corleone in the 1972 classic The Godfather?
A) Marlon Brando
B) Al Pacino
C) Robert De Niro
D) James Caan
Answer: A) Marlon Brando
47. Question: What is the title of the drama film about a teacher who inspires her students through poetry and literature, starring Hilary Swank?
A) Freedom Writers
B) Dead Poets Society
C) Dangerous Minds
D) The Blind Side
Answer: A) Freedom Writers
48. Question: In Schindler’s List, what does Oskar Schindler do to save Jewish workers from the Holocaust?
A) Opens a bakery
B) Builds a hospital
C) Creates a list of essential workers
D) Offers them financial aid
Answer: C) Creates a list of essential workers
49. Question: Who directed the drama film The King’s Speech, which revolves around King George VI’s efforts to overcome his speech impediment?
A) Christopher Nolan
B) Quentin Tarantino
C) David Fincher
D) Tom Hooper
Answer: D) Tom Hooper
50. Question: In Dead Poets Society, what subject does John Keating (played by Robin Williams) teach at Welton Academy?
Answer: B) Literature
Test your knowledge of dramatic films with these trivia questions!
Disney movie trivia questions and answers
Disney movie trivia questions and answersHere are 10 Disney movie trivia questions with multiple-choice answers:
51. Question: What is the name of the little mermaid in Disney’s The Little Mermaid?
Answer: A) Ariel
52. Question: In The Lion King, what is the name of Simba’s wise and trusted advisor?
Answer: D) Rafiki
53. Question: Which Disney movie features a lost fish named Dory who helps Marlin find his son, Nemo?
A) Finding Nemo
B) The Incredibles
D) Toy Story
Answer: A) Finding Nemo
54. Question: In Aladdin, what kind of animal is Aladdin’s loyal companion, Abu?
Answer: B) Monkey
55. Question: Who is the primary antagonist in The Little Mermaid?
Answer: A) Ursula
More Disney movie trivia questions and answers
56. Question: What Disney movie features two sisters, Elsa and Anna, in the kingdom of Arendelle?
Answer: B) Frozen
57. Question: In Beauty and the Beast, what does Belle’s father invent?
A) A magic spell
B) A time machine
C) A music box
D) A wood-chopping machine
Answer: D) A wood-chopping machine
58. Question: What is the name of the toy cowboy in the Toy Story movies?
A) Buzz Lightyear
B) Mr. Potato Head
D) Slinky Dog
Answer: C) Woody
59. Question: Which Disney movie tells the story of a young boy named Mowgli raised by wolves in the jungle?
A) The Jungle Book
C) The Emperor’s New Groove
Answer: A) The Jungle Book
60. Question: In Cinderella, what magical creature helps Cinderella get ready for the royal ball?
A) Fairy Godmother
B) Talking Mice
C) Magic Mirror
Answer: A) Fairy Godmother
Enjoy testing your knowledge of Disney movies with these trivia questions!
Halloween movie trivia questions and answers
Here are 10 Halloween movie trivia questions with multiple-choice answers:
61. Question: In the movie Halloween (1978), what is the name of the masked killer who terrorizes the town of Haddonfield?
A) Jason Voorhees
B) Freddy Krueger
C) Michael Myers
Answer: C) Michael Myers
62. Question: What classic 1993 film features three witch sisters who return to modern-day Salem, Massachusetts?
A) The Craft
B) Practical Magic
C) The Witches of Eastwick
D) Hocus Pocus
Answer: D) Hocus Pocus
63. Question: Who directed the 1973 horror film The Exorcist, known for its terrifying possession storyline?
A) Wes Craven
B) John Carpenter
C) Tobe Hooper
D) William Friedkin
Answer: D) William Friedkin
64. Question: In the movie Beetlejuice, what do Adam and Barbara Maitland become after they die?
Answer: B) Ghosts
65. Question: What is the name of the town in Tim Burton’s animated film The Nightmare Before Christmas?
A) Halloween Town
Answer: A) Halloween Town
More Halloween movie trivia questions and answers
66. Question: Which 1996 film stars Neve Campbell as a high school student targeted by a masked killer?
B) I Know What You Did Last Summer
C) Urban Legend
D) The Faculty
Answer: A) Scream
67. Question: In the classic 1960 film Psycho, what does Norman Bates dress up as?
A) A clown
B) A werewolf
C) His mother
D) A mummy
Answer: C) His mother
68. Question: What film follows a group of kids who encounter supernatural forces while playing with a mysterious board game?
Answer: C) Ouija
69. Question: Who played the iconic role of Dr. Hannibal Lecter in the film The Silence of the Lambs?
A) Anthony Hopkins
B) Jack Nicholson
C) Robert De Niro
D) Kevin Spacey
Answer: A) Anthony Hopkins
70. Question: What 1980 film features a family staying at a haunted hotel during the winter?
A) The Shining
B) Amityville Horror
C) The Haunting
D) Crimson Peak
Answer: A) The Shining
Horror movie trivia questions and answers
Here are 10 horror movie trivia questions with multiple-choice answers:
71. Question: What 1973 horror film is based on a novel by William Peter Blatty and features the exorcism of a young girl?
A) The Omen
C) The Shining
D) The Exorcist
Answer: D) The Exorcist
72. Question: In The Silence of the Lambs, what actor portrayed the imprisoned cannibalistic serial killer, Dr. Hannibal Lecter?
A) Robert De Niro
B) Anthony Hopkins
C) Kevin Spacey
D) Jack Nicholson
Answer: B) Anthony Hopkins
73. Question: Which film is known for its iconic shower scene in which the protagonist is brutally stabbed to death?
B) Texas Chainsaw Massacre
D) The Shining
Answer: A) Psycho
74. Question: In A Nightmare on Elm Street, what does Freddy Krueger use to harm his victims in their dreams?
A) A knife glove
B) A chainsaw
C) A machete
D) An axe
Answer: A) A knife glove
75. Question: Which 2013 supernatural horror film features a family tormented by evil spirits in their suburban home?
B) The Conjuring
D) The Babadook
Answer: B) The Conjuring
More Horror movie trivia questions and answers
76. Question: What classic horror film involves a group of people who are trapped in a mall during a zombie apocalypse?
A) Dawn of the Dead
B) 28 Days Later
D) World War Z
Answer: A) Dawn of the Dead
77. Question: In The Ring, what creepy videotape causes viewers to receive a mysterious phone call?
A) A cursed wedding video
B) A documentary about urban legends
C) A black-and-white home movie
D) A music video
Answer: C) A black-and-white home movie
78. Question: What 1978 horror film follows a babysitter who is terrorized by a menacing masked killer on Halloween night?
C) A Nightmare on Elm Street
Answer: D) Halloween
79. Question: In The Blair Witch Project, what is the main threat to the group of filmmakers in the woods?
B) A witch
C) A monster
Answer: B) A witch
80. Question: Which film, based on a Stephen King novel, features a writer who becomes the winter caretaker of an isolated hotel?
B) Pet Sematary
C) The Shining
Answer: C) The Shining
Sci-Fi Movie Trivia Questions and answers
Here are 10 sci-fi movie trivia questions with multiple-choice answers:
81. Question: In the movie Blade Runner, what type of beings does Rick Deckard (Harrison Ford) hunt down in a dystopian future?
Answer: A) Androids
82. Question: Who directed the 1968 science fiction classic 2001: A Space Odyssey?
A) Stanley Kubrick
B) George Lucas
C) Steven Spielberg
D) Ridley Scott
Answer: A) Stanley Kubrick
83. Question: What sci-fi film tells the story of a man who accidentally travels back in time in a DeLorean car?
C) The Terminator
D) Back to the Future
Answer: D) Back to the Future
84. Question: Who played the role of Neo in the science fiction film The Matrix (1999)?
A) Keanu Reeves
B) Laurence Fishburne
C) Hugo Weaving
D) Will Smith
Answer: A) Keanu Reeves
85. Question: In E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, what kind of candy does E.T. become fond of?
C) Reese’s Pieces
D) Hershey’s Kisses
Answer: C) Reese’s Pieces
More Sci-Fi Movie Trivia Questions and answers
86. Question: Which 1982 film directed by Steven Spielberg is about a young boy who befriends a stranded alien?
A) Close Encounters of the Third Kind
C) The Day the Earth Stood Still
D) E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial
Answer: D) E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial
87. Question: What is the title of the 1997 film starring Jodie Foster, in which she receives a message from extraterrestrial beings?
C) War of the Worlds
D) District 9
Answer: A) Contact
88. Question: In The Fifth Element, who plays the role of the supreme being, Leeloo?
A) Milla Jovovich
B) Sigourney Weaver
C) Natalie Portman
D) Mila Kunis
Answer: A) Milla Jovovich
89. Question: What 2010 Christopher Nolan film explores the concept of dreams within dreams, featuring a team of thieves entering people’s subconscious?
B) The Matrix
D) Donnie Darko
Answer: A) Inception
90. Question: Which film follows the journey of a stranded astronaut, played by Matt Damon, as he tries to survive on Mars?
A) Apollo 13
C) The Martian
Answer: C) The Martian
Enjoy these sci-fi movie trivia questions and have fun testing your knowledge of the genre!
Bonus Movie Trivia Questions and answers
here are 10 bonus movie trivia questions with multiple choice answers:
91. In the film Forrest Gump, what does Forrest say life is like?
a) A box of chocolates
b) A roller coaster
c) A puzzle
d) A marathon
Answer: a) A box of chocolates
92. Who played the iconic character Jack Dawson in the movie Titanic?
a) Brad Pitt
b) Leonardo DiCaprio
c) Tom Hanks
d) Johnny Depp
Answer: b) Leonardo DiCaprio
93. What is the name of the fictional African country in the Marvel movie Black Panther?
Answer: c) Wakanda
94. Which Disney animated movie features the character Simba?
b) The Lion King
c) Beauty and the Beast
Answer: b) The Lion King
95. Who directed the 1994 classic Pulp Fiction?
a) Quentin Tarantino
b) Martin Scorsese
c) Steven Spielberg
d) Francis Ford Coppola
Answer: a) Quentin Tarantino
96. In the movie The Matrix, what color pill does Neo take to see the truth?
Answer: b) Red
97. Which film features a young boy named Elliott who befriends an extraterrestrial being?
a) E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial
b) Close Encounters of the Third Kind
d) Independence Day
Answer: a) E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial
98. Who played the role of Jack in the 1997 blockbuster The Shining?
a) Jack Nicholson
b) Robert De Niro
c) Anthony Hopkins
d) Jim Carrey
Answer: a) Jack Nicholson
99. Which animated film features a robot named WALL-E as the main character?
b) Finding Nemo
d) Toy Story
Answer: c) WALL-E
100. In the movie The Dark Knight, who portrayed the Joker?
a) Heath Ledger
b) Christian Bale
c) Tom Hardy
d) Michael Caine
Answer: a) Heath Ledger
Frequently Asked Questions On Movie Trivia Questions And Answers
What Are Some Good Movie Trivia Questions?
Good movie trivia questions include: Which actor played the character Tony Stark in the Iron Man movies? And In the film Titanic, what was the name of the ship that sunk?
What Are The Top 10 Quiz Questions?
Here are the top 10 quiz questions: 1. What is the capital city of France? 2. Who painted the Mona Lisa? 3. What is the chemical symbol for gold? 4. Which planet is known as the red planet? 5. In which year did World War II end?
Who wrote the novel Pride and Prejudice? 7. What is the largest ocean on Earth? 8. Who invented the light bulb? 9. How many continents are there in the world? 10. What is the tallest mountain in the world?
What Are Some Disney Movie Trivia Questions?
Here are some Disney movie trivia questions that you can use for fun quizzes or gatherings.
What Is Entertainment Trivia?
Entertainment trivia refers to facts, information, and questions related to movies, TV shows, music, celebrities, and other forms of entertainment. It includes interesting and often obscure details that fans enjoy learning and discussing.
Movie trivia questions and answers provide a fun and engaging way to test your knowledge and challenge your friends. From famous quotes to obscure facts, these questions can take you on a journey through the world of movies. So whether you’re a casual movie lover or a die-hard cinephile, movie trivia is a fantastic way to entertain and educate yourself.
Start quizzing and see how much you really know about the magic of the silver screen!